The internet is playing an increasingly prominent role in commerce, and research shows that digital interactions influenced retail sales to the tune of in 2017. This number will only go up, but what does this mean for your business?
According to data from Eisenberg Holdings, for every $92 the average company spends to get customers to their site, they spend just $1 to convert them. So much attention is paid to driving traffic, to getting attention, that what really matters – getting people to convert – is ignored.
If you have a website, boosting sales is no rocket science. In fact, simple little tweaks – that can sometimes take minutes to implement – can double your revenue. Here are 5 little tweaks you can implement today that are proven to give you a sales boost:
- Give Your Website a Speed Boost: The speed of your website can make or break your business. Research shows that a one second delay in site speed results in a 7% loss in conversion. For perspective, a one second delay in site speed could cost Amazon $1.6 billion in sales annually.
Radware was able to double conversions for one of their clients by improving page load time by 2 seconds. This makes sense considering that 51% of people abandon a purchase because of slow websites, and many won’t bother to return.
There are several ways to go about giving your website a speed boost, but having a good web host is the most important; for that, with a rating of 10/10 when they underwent our rigorous checks, Host Town USA is definitely unrivaled!
- Use Trust Seals to Increase Your Website Trust Factor: Many people are not buying from you because they don’t trust you, and a simple tweak can change that. Research conducted by Econsultancy/Toluna shows that a whopping 48% of people look for trust seals on a website to determine if it can be trusted before they pay online.
With the increasing threat of viruses, hackers, and online scammers, it’s understandable that many people won’t just pull out their credit cards. Fix this by using trust seals on your website, and watch your sales soar. The Norton trust seal is the most-regarded, followed by the McAfee and TRUSTe trust seals.
- Use Elements of Social Proof: Nobody wants to be a lone wolf. If people perceive that others are not interested in your brand, they are less likely to be interested as well.
Research reveals that 88% of consumers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations and nearly 9 in 10 consumers read reviews to determine the quality of a business.
- Introduce Elements of Scarcity: One of the most powerful techniques for boosting sales on a website is to introduce elements of scarcity. A study by WhichTestWon revealed that a countdown timer on a product page led to a 9% increase in conversion, and the right introduction of scarcity to sales campaigns have always led to increased sales.
Whether it is in form of limited offers, countdown timers, or special bonuses for people who act fast, introducing elements of scarcity can give your business a much needed sales boost.
- Make it Clear and Focused: Data from Nielsen Norman Group shows that the average web user leaves a web page within 10 – 20 seconds, but pages with a clear value proposition can get people to stay longer.
If people can’t stay on your website, they won’t buy. Work on having a clear and focused website, and ensure that your offer is properly presented. This will result in a sales boost for you.